Monday, August 25, 2008

Circus!




Friday night we took Natalie to the Circus for the first time. We just thought she would have fun but she and we had a blast! It really is true about the circus being for kids of all ages. Who knew elephants and clowns could be so entertaining?



We got there early so we could see the animal open house and the pre-show. We got to see an elephant paint, dogs do tricks, acrobats and a hula girl. This was a lot of fun too. We were right down on the floor of the Frank Erwin center and up close and personal with the performers and animals. Can I just say I want to pet an elephant? They are amazing animals. Natalie said she wanted one for a pet and for a second I thought "That would be so cool, we should buy some land". Then I remembered I pay people to come scoop my two dog's poop out of the yard. I don't think Dog Duty does elephants.


Natalie was looking forward to seeing tigers and elephants so when the show began with just performers dancing this is what I was hearing...




"Mommy I don't like this show, I don't like it at all."




We explained to her that the circus was ever changing and that the animals were soon to come. Here is what she looked like when the animals finally came out. I guess this is the beside yourself look?
The most hilarious thing about this whole thing was that Natalie learned how to "cheer" at an event. The clowns wanted to everyone to make noise so everyone was clapping and "whooo-hoooing". Natalie looked at me like "what is going on?" I told her she could scream too. She took me literally" ..... "Aggghhhhh" like you are scared out of your mind or someone just jumped out at you. This is how she started. By the end of the show she was "whoooo-hooooing" along with everyone else. She is so smart, she learned how to conform.



By the end of the circus, we had eaten cotton candy (a must), a hot dog, nachos, and three waters. We also purchased a light up toy for Natalie and a stuffed elephant which Natalie later named Ellie. Kenny and I could have had a pretty nice sushi dinner for the cash we shelled out this night. It was worth it though. We all had a great time and I will gladly go again next year.







3 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

What a fun night!!!!

Julie said...

Sounds like such a great night! I love the picture of Natalie on Kenny's shoulders! So cute!

Shaunna said...

We miss you guys!! I'm behind on your blog and haven't seen you in ages. must.plan.something.soon :)