Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm so in love!

I have to tell you, I have the best husband and daughter! Tonight we went for sushi and Natalie went with us. I knew she was an adventurous eater, but who knew she was this great? One of my all time biggest pet peeves is picky eaters, so in our rolls as parents Kenny and I strive to not exclaim when we don't care for something. Thanks especially to Kenny since he is the one with aversions to some foods. I mean when we got married he didn't like mustard. What? I think I would eat a cricket if it were covered in enough chocolate or spice. Yuck, did I just say that :)? Anyway, back to my wonderful daughter, she was not only great dinner company (inside voice, polite to waitress, ordered her own food, sat in her seat even at the end when Mommy & Daddy were finishing up and talking) OMG this would have been enough but this girl had to steal my heart again just like she has from the beginning. She ate SUSHI and liked it! She ate edamame and miso soup and exclaimed "Mommy can I have some more?" We were just sitting there, Natalie with her noodles and us with our sushi and she looks at us and says "can I have some of that", picks up a piece of volcano roll and puts it in her mouth. Aghh- heem, she just turned 3 years old!







Okay, okay maybe I'm bragging a bit, but that is my right as a parent, right? And what better place than here? I am so thrilled knowing how her open mind will serve her in her life. Yeah for her! Yeah for us that we can have a dinner like this. Yeah that Natalie has an open mind, this is one of my great wishes for her in her life and tonight it was displayed to me ten fold.
So why am I so excited about a sushi dinner other than the aforementioned? Ken and I have started trying for another baby and I feel my time coming to a close. I must get my sushi and sake in now! I'm pretty sure you only crave things when you can't have them. My plan is to eat enough so I don't crave it when I can't have it.
Thank you to my family for such a wonderful night! I love you two!

4 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

You are very lucky! As a picky eater, I am very impressed with your little girl!!! What a cutie!

Julie said...

That's incredible!! I myself am not a huge fan of sushi so I'm very impressed! I think I might send Sheridan to your house for week so you can teach her how to branch out a little bit! ;)

Shaunna said...

Go Natalie!! She's one up on my girls now and I've been impressed with their ability to try new things. Just wait till I tell them about the 3yr old that eats sushi! ;)

Shaunna said...

How about another post!?!? :)