Monday, August 11, 2008

You Call That an Awning?!

My neighbors next door have decided they need some more shade outside one of their windows. Unfortunately for me this window is right outside one of MY windows. They have "fashioned" an awning after several attempts at other devices including an outdoor umbrella that looked like a palapa except instead of thatching it was made of beige trash bag material. I wish that had worked out since this "Awning" is all I see now out my dining room window. Even though this has to be against the H.O.A. guidelines I cannot complain because I am the only unfortunate one who can see it.
Now I am showing you these pictures but I'm sure they probably have a patent on this design so don't run off and copy them. This is some fine craftsmanship! You know you have a quality product when it is tied in place with string to your nearby bushes. I think the two different materials and sagging cost extra. Now, other than the drought we are in I have another reason to wish for a big rainstorm. I'm pretty sure a strong wind could take this thing out. Until then I will continue to laugh at it instead of let it bother me :) Come on rain!

No comments: