Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Post

This is my first post, I am brand new to this thing. Some of my friends said I needed a blog and after thinking "no way, why would I ever need a blog? Who would read it?" I decided that maybe I really do need one. If everyone else can so can I :).
I met my husband, Kenny to me but Ken to the professional world, in college at Texas A&M. Okay here come the Aggie jokes. He was in a fraternity and I was in a sorority (TKE & XO respectively) and we met through my roommate. I fell in love with him on a date party trip to New Orleans. Cheesy but that is what happened. We knew each other for a while before but this trip sealed the deal. We were married September 8, 2001. Mind you that is 3 days prior to 9-11. We left a day later for our honeymoon than we planned because the plane we were supposed to take the day after the wedding had hydraulic brake problems and they cancelled the flight. Thus we went home drank a bunch of wine and opened all our wedding presents. That was a ton of fun. Our shuttle to the airport came at 3am the next morning so the mimosa in first class was great! We honeymooned in the Bahamas (b.t.w. I don't care to vacation there again). The company on our honeymoon was great but the morning after we got there 9-11 happened. After we finished breakfast we noticed the Bahamians and everyone else were freaking out. The airports were closed and we were stuck. Wow, I can't believe that was almost 7 years ago!


So back to the US finally and on with our married life. We bought our house pretty soon after we married and spent the next 3 years DINKing it up. (Dual Income No Kids). Fixing up the house, going out, and spending money whenever we felt like it. Then came the best surprise ever.....
NATALIE! Our 3 year old daughter. Born May 29, 2005 weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 oz. Here we are when she was about 5 months old. She is the cutest and smartest little girl if I do say so myself. Wise beyond her years. She started speaking whole sentences by the time she was 18 months and telling stories by 2 years. At 3 she is definitely a chatter box. This fact has made me realize that when a child asks "why" over and over again to all of your answers, 99% of the time it all boils down to "because of physics". To this I usually get an "oh" or "okay" and that is the end of that. She is fearless which makes me worry about her teenage years which will be here faster than I want. If these last three are any indication, time is going to fly by from here on out. Hopefully we will all make it through her teenage years relatively unharmed and she will go to college and grow up. Yikes, I am going to miss her so much when she leaves the nest. Kenny thinks she should be a doctor but I am convinced this little one will own her own construction company one day. If I could teach her anything I want her to know that she can do anything she puts her mind to. I like to think maybe I blazed a trail she can follow one day. Here is a picture of our Natalie now :) I think she may like princesses. She is the best thing that has happened to us definitely! She has made my life so much happier and strange as it may sound, much easier to bear the hard things in life. Family is great that way, I am learning that more and more on my journey through life.

4 comments:

Courtney ;-) said...

OH, I'm so excited to see your blog! I can't wait to read about your journey and see more pictures of your precious Natalie! FUN! :)

Julie said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I loved reading your first post and I'm looking forward to reading much, much more! :)

Shaunna said...

I'm so, so excited that you have a blog!! I love Miss Natalie, too! :)

Sara said...

Thanks for the encouragement you guys!
Sara